Monday, March 23, 2015

Welcome To The MacArthur Park Neighborhood Page

Over the last two weeks, I have been trying to bring some positive change to my neighborhood. I created this blog as a place where I could collect all that effort and present it in a nice and neat package.  I have tried to keep the layout simple and useful for my neighbors in the MacArthur Park Neighborhood.



The purpose of this blog is to
  1. Keep the neighborhood clean
  2. Support neighborhood businesses
  3. And keep the neighborhood safe
So far I have been focused mostly on cleaning the streets up.  I have been doing the clean ups alone. I intend to keep going until the neighborhood joins in. Once that happens, I can get some additional support from the city such as dumpsters for larger items. 

On 03/28/2015, I will be starting a clean up of 17th street, starting at Orange. Click the clean up tab to see where I will be any Saturday. Everyone is encouraged to join in.

In addition, I have created Facebook groups for the MacArthur Park Neighborhood and the 90813 zip code. I'd like to see some positive things associated with both the zip code and the neighborhood. 

Finally, to support businesses in the neighborhood, I created a map of businesses that have agreed to keep the neighborhood litter free. I also contacted every business with an email address in this neighborhood and asked them to take that pledge.

More is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment