Monday, April 27, 2015

MacArthur Park Neighborhood Pledge

Because we can't clean trash everywhere, I wanted to give the residents of MacArthur Park a chance to do something small. This pledge is simply an agreement to keep your home and the area immediately surrounding it litter free as well as keeping an eye out for your neighbor's safety.

It sounds like a small thing, but if every neighborhood resident did it, neighborhood cleaning would go much quicker, bussinesses would benefit and our safety would almost be ensured.



My Pledge For A Safe And Clean MacArthur Park Neighborhood

  1. I promise to do my part to keep my home, the nearby sidewalks, yard and immediate alley ways litter free.
  2. I promise to sweep/ rake fallen leaves, trim grass and clear weeds within a reasonable time frame.
  3. I will keep my eye open for the safety of my neighbors and my community.
  4. I will make an effort to support my local businesses, schools and neighborhood parks when I have the time and resources.
  5. I will keep my home free of graffiti and larger dumped trash. Remember the Go Long Beach Ap, can be used if you need help with either, at no cost.



How do I submit the pledge?

Simply email me that you are taking the pledge.
Please include your name and address you are taking the neighborhood pledge for. A dot will be added to the map above in the general vicinity where the pledge was taken.

I am adding a few dots to represent the people who have not officially taken the pledge but I have seen, on much more than one occasion, make an active attempt to keep the neighborhood clean, especially when they go well beyond their own property line.

And our goal is to fill that map with green dots.

If anyone outside the boundaries of the MacAthur Park Neighborhood [PCH to Anaheim and Junipero to Orange] takes the pledge, we will give that Long Beach resident credit on a larger Google Map
that covers all of Long Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment