Friday, April 17, 2015

El Sauz Restaurant Restaraunt Review

El Sauz Restaurant is a Mexican Food restaurant located at 1616 Anaheim Street. That's on the South side of Anaheim and Walnut. The restaurant has comfortable seating, decent food and pleasant service.

The cheese enchiladas and the main course I had were almost as good as you would find at most major chains. The picture on the left is an accurate depiction of the portion size, very generous for the price.

It took the server a while to seat me. I think this was a communication gap. Regular customers seem to seat themselves at any available table. My impression was the server expected I knew this, but it's not the way I am used to being seated in most restaurants.

On the inside, El Sauz Restaurant is quiet, clean and friendly; It's easy to hold a conversation or meeting. And the servers took care of our orders quickly and politely. The one huge weakness I saw were the complimentary chips and salsa. I love good salsa. The salsa was average at best and the chips were just a little stale. I realize that was the complimentary part of the meal, but it's also their customer's first impression. There are people who do not give you a chance at a second impression.

Overall, I would call El Sauz Restaurant a three star restaurant, with pretty good main course meals. It can also boast fast friendly service and good seating. That said, there's definitely still a little room to improve. 


2 comments:

  1. Excellent first meeting and very fair review. It's a good value when you want Mexican food you can walk to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave the negative in because it is through constructive criticism we improve.

    ReplyDelete