Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Business Review: El Paisa Restaraunt

The El Paisa Colombian Food restaurant is located at the intersection of 17th Street and Alamitos. It does have a private parking lot that I believe it shares with a small laundry mat; that's important because street parking in the area is limited. Overall, this is one of the best restaurants I've visited in the MacArthur Park Neighborhood though I did find it a little over priced.

I think I ordered the Bandeja Paisa, upon the recommendation of the waiter. First for the good news: The food is rather good and tastes very authentic. The steak, chicharrón, which I can only describe as deep fried fat from a pork chop and side dishes were all excellent. The beans and biscuit were a little bland. But clearly they have an serious eye on the quality of the food as even the hot sauce and water stood out. Additionally the variety of food you get on one plate is rather impressive.

The venue itself is very clean and tastefully decorated with Colombian memorabilia. There is more than enough seating and the seating itself is spread out. Even at maximum capacity which is 48, it wouldn't feel crowded. The service was very good. The food arrived quickly, and was still thoroughly cooked. The only place I wasn't happy was the price. Credit cards require a minimum of a $10 purchase, which is a little expensive for lunch. My lunch came to about $16.

So overall, the El Paisa is a little overpriced, costing it about a half a star. Regardless, it's one of the better restaurants I've eaten at in the MacArthur Park Neighborhood, and I would definitely recommend it as a dinner destination.
  
El Paisa
1640 Orange Ave
(562) 333-811

No comments:

Post a Comment