Saturday, May 9, 2015

Second 15th Street Clean Up

15th street was again cleaned from Cherry to Orange. This time trash was picked up/ weeding and leaves were only picked up in the alley way closest to the Carneceria at 1732 15th Street. 

This is the second time we have cleaned 15th. The first was on 03/14/2015, about a month and a half ago. Since that time, every street in the neighborhood has been cleared of litter at least once.

Below is an indication of what the alley will look like in the coming days. The alley was weeded and cleared of trash up until the end of the blue market. Getting any more than that will require some additional space in my trash cans.

It was nice to meet new neighbors along 15th street as well as reconnect with those that I met the very first time there was a neighborhood clean up. I will say that the street was significantly cleaner than the first time I picked up trash along it. It still took longer than I wanted it to, however, I was out of practice.

Next week, there will be a clean up on Walnut from PCH to Anaheim. However, it will take place on Sunday so I can help the AOC7 with the literacy fair taking place at MacAthur Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment